If you’ve been bitten or attacked by a dog in Minneapolis, you may be able to pursue legal action against the owner. At Weston Law Office, we understand the physical and emotional toll a dog attack can have on a person, and our experienced dog bite lawyers are here to help you seek justice and compensation.
Minnesota has strict liability laws when it comes to dog bites, meaning that the owner of a dog is responsible for any harm caused by their dog, regardless of whether or not they were negligent. This means that if you were attacked by a dog, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Why Choose Weston Law Office?
Our Minneapolis dog bite lawyers have the knowledge and experience necessary to help you navigate the legal system and get the compensation you deserve. We’ll work closely with you to understand the details of your case and develop a strategy to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
We know that dealing with a dog bite can be overwhelming, and we’re here to help make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible. We’ll handle all aspects of your case, from gathering evidence and negotiating with insurance companies to representing you in court if necessary.
What Should Dog Bite Victims do?
If you or someone you know has been bitten by a dog, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention: Even if the bite appears minor, it’s important to seek medical attention. Dog bites can be dangerous and lead to serious infections, especially if the dog’s teeth punctured the skin.
- Identify the dog and its owner: Try to identify the dog and its owner, if possible. This information will be important if you need to pursue legal action.
- Clean the wound: Wash the wound thoroughly with soap and warm water to help prevent infection. Apply a clean, dry bandage to the wound.
- Report the bite: Contact your local animal control agency or police department to report the bite. They may need to investigate the incident and quarantine the dog to ensure it doesn’t have rabies.
- Document the incident: Take photos of the bite, as well as any damage to clothing or property that occurred during the incident. Keep records of any medical treatment or expenses related to the bite.
- Consider legal action: Depending on the circumstances of the bite, you may want to consider pursuing legal action against the dog’s owner. Contact a personal injury lawyer who specializes in dog bite cases to discuss your options.
Remember, dog bites can be serious and even life-threatening. It’s important to take them seriously and seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Contact a dog bite lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
If you or a loved one has been bitten or attacked by a dog in Minneapolis, don’t hesitate to contact our Minneapolis personal injury lawyers to get a free consultation. We’ll review your case and help you understand your legal options so that you can make an informed decision about how to proceed. You can also reach us at 612-465-9049. We’re here to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.